fiddle dee

She is the fairies' midwife, and she comes In shape no bigger than an agate stone i know i know... mercutio was talking about me

Monday, September 11, 2006

prequel to the classics

I remember once talking about 'the classics' in literature that I had read... and this academia/ 'cultured'/ 'i-am-educated' chap looked shocked ( my 'dumb blonde look is obviously very convincing', then it changed to intrigue and to my utter dismay (he was so not my type) almost my disarray he did the body language 'i-am-interested' thingie!

*eh?*

You know looking deep into your eyes, turning his body to face yours, tilting of head when listening to you even mirror your facial expressions - let's just say he looked ridiculous doing this considering thaton a scale of 1 to 10 in animated speech and grand theatrical gestures I am like a 28...

*she is complaining... why?*

The answer was simple- I had only read these literary classics in their ladybird kiddy versions like in early primary school (too many years ago)... you know like gulliver's travels, a tale of two cities, around the world in eighty days- had listened to kiddy audios of great expectaions, treasure island, tom sawyer and huckleberry finn.... getting the picture? (hahahaha pun intended! books were full of pictures!)

to be continued....

yep... I bluffed my way through it... I did it so well taking up polka actually seemed like a cash cow!

8 Comments:

Blogger Iwaya said...

I'm getting stupid, this absolutely makes no sense to me and I love it!

10:17 AM  
Blogger lissingmink said...

lol... i feel that way about my own writing whenever i reread it... i just might suffer from mpd after all.

1:15 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

Did you pull it off or did he just enjoy seeing u wing it?

3:39 AM  
Blogger Baz said...

I have never heard the 'i-am-interested' thingie described so well.

(And before anyone asks, I usually just call people, actually.)

6:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been awake for the last 26 hours.

I have also heard about abstract art.

I don't even know if the above sentences have any connection.

Question I ask, could this be abstract writing or is it the insomnia induced haze that has my brain crawling?

9:03 AM  
Blogger ~ScotchBiscuits~ said...

who reads them for real anyway? I know I risked getting an armyful of 'you don't?' but heck...

@Savage-your blog hates me. cant comment there. tell it I'm harmless,then you'll be able to go to sleep.

7:43 AM  
Blogger lissingmink said...

@jay... let me think eeeeeh he believed me

@baz... i hope you dont just call numbers at random then hit on the voice on the other side

11:41 AM  
Blogger Baz said...

You mean like the guy who asked the MTN customer service chick what she was wearing? That wasn't me..

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home