fiddle dee

She is the fairies' midwife, and she comes In shape no bigger than an agate stone i know i know... mercutio was talking about me

Saturday, July 01, 2006

The thought counts...





It's now official, we are in the 2nd half of the year, and tommorow is my birthday- always gets me thinking about things... you know... things

I decided to learn a new language (again) would really love to do a stint in a Francophone contry...no- a portugueese country (portugaphone?...) *dreamy look...sigh* actually remembering dreamy Portugeese apollo I once knew- maybe i should take up sign language instead- no portugeese. So look for my good old directory and no- we do not have a Portuguese embassy; French it is... eh, beginning of next year.

Clearing book shelf now, and what do i see, my piano sheet music- i was supposed to get back to that. drat missed the exams this year! sigh...soon, very soon- stroke favorite music book lovingly, hum a few notes, and oh well, where's my Kaweesa CD(topping my charts at the moment)

Latest shopping spree was very rewarding; can still feel the endorphin high, got myself sneakers, in answer to the call to action to start gymming- when did I decide this? yeah, my last birthday- but not to worry, better late than never- they look fab with my jeans... hungry, might as well eat- since i will be going to the gym now... soon; very soon.

oh yeah, get a headache when i think of it- my MBA- been doing it since... aaah stopped counting the years, when is the deadline for intake? mental note to pass by university and pick application forms. I wonder how David (not real name) is doing- i always feel pretty enlightened after a polite drink up with him; genius, he is. oh well, back to latest trashy novel (hey, i tried the Gandhi autobiography- kept falling asleep- i know, i know he is supposed to be inspiring; just preffered the Dorothy Danderich autobiography); a book a week is the motto.

Tired of the old haunts, made pact with friend to see more of Uganda; after all we are supposed to be "gifted by nature"; why not now... Sunday, let's go for it- ooh the rush... *humming- "i am going out of town...* what am I going to wear- staring at totally packed wardrobe- "*wail* i have nothing to wear!". wait, if i am going out of town, need to call...eeeeh...uuuuh...eeeeh- ok, first things first, make mental note to up my 'friendship maintenance'.

Ok if I can't make it out of town I will do the outskirts, paintball- hooking up with Moha (still not real name)- figured it is the safer option; ever since trying shooting clay pigeons, got freaked out by maniacal look on partner's face as he shot at clay pigeons, and didnt quite the ringing in the ears, and ok fine- i sucked big time!
I digress; back to paintball- look for oldest jeans and t-shirt, and slip into sneakers- all set for the paintballs; we get to venue and..
"you up to it?"
"yeah, you?"
"yeah, yeah, just.."
"me too; I'm hungry- lunch?"
"sure... while we think about it of course"
"of course"
and that was as close as we got to the paint balls- the lunch was fantstic!

I can give a zillion examples, 'yawn yawn' .... Hey, dont judge me. I aim for the sun to reach... well, I reach the first floor sometimes; touch the clouds, then 5th floor- at the end of the day; the thought counts, doesnt it?

9 Comments:

Blogger mdskpr said...

Please call me. Thank you. Courtesy of Safaricom's new friend-maintenance service.

2:34 AM  
Blogger lissingmink said...

hahahaha- touche

4:29 AM  
Blogger Adrian said...

a belated happy birthday from me.
(thanks for stopping by my place...)

10:25 AM  
Blogger Shaggy said...

Happy Belated Birthday. I loved Kampala and think its a really nice place with nice people.

So what's the deal? Are you over France losing.

Holler at me...

8:56 AM  
Blogger Savage said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Savage said...

Do you ever say people's real names?

8:33 AM  
Blogger lissingmink said...

@adrian belated thanks

@bj *giggle* lol i love kla; though when you say nice, sounds like we are talking bout the weather...next time u are in town, holler, and i will show you more than 'nice' kla

@savage... no- but can always start now with u...

is this an attention seeking ploy?

11:42 PM  
Blogger Baz said...

You actually make Uganda sound interesting. And full of mysterious people without real names.

1:40 AM  
Blogger lissingmink said...

@baz... it is interesting...i will start posting real names- then again, the whole idea of a blog is the anonymity right? well, unless you are baz...tee hee

2:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home